Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What a lovely day for a swim!

On Sunday, Patrick, Jeff and I drove up to the cottage to help put the pier and boat lifts in (well I really just went along for the ride!) The guys also planned to swim the lake - first swim in open water for the season!  The weather was not great in Madison and we drove through pouring rain most of the ride - lovely!
But being that these boys are Ellestads - they would not be detered by a little rain!

Here they are pre-swim... it doesn't look TOO cold!

Dad also "suited up" for the occasion and took the kayak alongside the swimmers. This is normally my job - one that I will happily do this summer, but I definitely appreciated him stepping in.  My wetsuit probably doesn't fit these days!

After the swim (and some hot coffee) the boys were back in the water to help with the pier.  Summer can come any day now --- we are ready to enjoy the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment