Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Perfect Madison Weekend!

Last weekend, we spent the entire weekend in Madison - something that is pretty rare for us, especially in the summer. But it was lovely! Friday we met some friends at the Union and enjoyed jazz music and dinner on the terrace. Both families have new babies so it was fun to hear their stories and help!
Saturday morning Patrick, Dusty and Derek swam and biked parts of the Ironman course --- I went to the Farmers Market!

This was my first trip for the year and since we are often not home on Saturday mornings, I took full advantage! Plants, pasta, jam, bread, veggies, granola, flowers and of course a monster cookie for Patrick! It was delightful and it turns out I even got a discount or two ... I think because of my belly!

In the afternoon we met Anne & Dusty and Derek & Connie at Capitol Brewery for 'Burgers & Brew'.  It was a fabulous afternoon of fancy slider burgers from local restaurants and paired beers for each.  Patrick got double the beers and I even managed to get an extra burger or two! They were delicious!


We will be seeing alot of these guys this summer since Dusty and Derek are training for the Ironman as well. Looking forward to our long weekend in Door County this July!

No comments:

Post a Comment