Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Neighborhood Baby Shower

Last night Heidi threw me (and baby E) a baby shower with some of the neighborhood girls. It was great to have all of these new moms in one place sharing their advice and stories!
Heidi made this beautiful cake for the festivities - she is so talented with her decorating skills! We also enjoyed some other delicious food (including amazing chicken wings made in a smoker by our neighbor Billy!)

It was a great night and in addition to the advice, so fun to get some more baby stuff. We did get a crib sheet - so I guess could now officially have a baby in the room - though we would still prefer he/she waits to make his/her entrance until after September 9th!

Oh and on that whole he/she front --- here is the latest update:
I often refer to the baby as a "he" - not sure why.
Many last night observed that I am "carrying low" which I guess means Girl - but I do have a long torso...

July 7th - threaded needle pushed into the top of a pencil eraser and held over my wrist - depending on which way it swung (forward and back or side to side) would deteremine the sex.  Outcome: Boy
Beth also took part in this and her outcome: Girl

July 17th - peed on baking soda - whether it fizzes or not determines the sex. Outcome: Girl
(I think, we had ALOT of baking soda in there and I believe some air bubbles needed to escape, some surfaced and popped - other ladies commented that theirs almost overflowed with fizzing which means boy.) Mine certainly did NOT do that. I did not take it out to the group for a second opinion cause that is just gross!

So your guess is as good as ours - guess we will just have to wait and see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment