Monday, March 18, 2013

St. Patrick's Day festivities

Saturday night we went to the 5100 club with our neighbors to celebrate Andy's 30th birthday. It was a surprise and didn't start til 9:30 - so Patrick and I decided to take James along so we could both go. 
He did great and was happy to be passed around a bit - you can see his tiny little face in this photo - snuggled up with Andy's dad!
He tried so hard to stay awake to take it all in!

Patrick and I at the bar --- we have a similar photo from a few years ago --- if I am remembering correctly, we don't look that much different!

Here are a bunch of the neighbors celebrating... I should have gone up front :)
Sunday morning!
Sunday morning we slept in a bit and then prepared for the St. Patrick's day activities!
Patrick and James in their "IRISH" gear

Uncle Eric brought James a St. Patty's day hat that used to be Landon's.  Thanks for sharing!

Patrick, Jeff and Eric - ready to brave the cold to run the Shamrock Shuffle!

I changed James into his overalls and green clothes --- he is still such a hot box - overalls and the car seat DO NOT mix - too sweaty!
So I opted to have him wear them on a day we weren't going any where.
He did still spend part of the afternoon in just the onesie :)

PS - the second photo is why the bumbos now have seatbelts! No worries, he was on the ground and isn't actually that close to wiggling out - there is still a lot of diaper holding him in!

Post race - Patrick and I enjoyed a delicious/ fresh Corned Beef and Cabbage dinner - I loved how colorful the plate was so I took a picture! The grocery store was out of cabbage on Sunday morning, so I bought chopped brussel sprouts and mixed it with fresh chopped spinach - it was great!

Hope your St. Patty's day was great - whether you are irish or not :)

No comments:

Post a Comment