Wednesday, June 5, 2013

"twins" for a night

Last weekend Andy, Beth and John came to Madison for the weekend while Patrick was up north fishing. Andy and Beth had a wedding to attend in Mt. Horeb, so James and I offered to watch John.
We joked that it was going to be like having twins for the night.

Considering both boys are used to all of the attention on them -
they were very good and very patient with me!

Hanging out on the chair - James kept poking John - makes me wonder how the other kids fare at day care!

Decided that 4 hours on the floor in the family room would make us all crazy, so I strapped James in the back carrier and put Johnny in the stroller and we marched around the neighborhood.  I was all ready to tell quizzical neighbors that we finally gave James a bath and the water made him multiply into a second kid - but no one stopped us or asked :(
The boys did enjoy the time out of the house and I certainly got a work out!


Dinner went pretty well too. Both boys are eating a combo of people food and baby food so I bounced back and forth, switching spoons and bowls as I went.


John has ginger cookies that I gave to the boys after dinner. This picture is him hiding his cookie from me. He just loves them and didn't want to let it go before he could shove the ENTIRE thing in his little mouth all at once! (Our feelings when it was swallowed and gone were not the same!)


Cute picture of James!


Pj's and stories!


So we have a book called the Tickle Monster and it comes with these tickling gloves.  James really loves fuzzy stuffed animals right now and naturally thought these gloves were great too.

Peekaboo!

And here is a video of the boys with the gloves.  That Johnny sure is funny!


We had a great time with John and would certainly do it again!
I am proud to say I sent a text to Andy and Beth at 8:30pm
 "We have angel babies - both are fed, clean, in bed and asleep!"  And we all slept great!


No comments:

Post a Comment