Monday, August 12, 2013

Michigan Weekend!

Last week Mom and Dad had Thomas and Josiah for the week.  Patrick and I were planning to go to Michigan this weekend so we worked out the boy's visit so we could drive them back with us on Friday night. We had plenty of snacks, movies and bribes in the car to make the "normally" 5 hour trip with the 3 boys (4.5 years, almost 2 years and 10 months)--- you know, through Chicago rush hour during construction season!  

Actually everyone did great. Jojo wins the prize for "best kid" on the trip - but the other two were great as well. At one point they were all 3 sleeping but I could not safely snap that photo from my seat! 

Once we were through Chicago and past the majority of construction - we were on the hunt for a McDonalds - sadly there was no play land - but leave it to Patrick to make it fun and use up some energy!
I wish I had snapped a picture of Uncle Patrick's Calisthenics - he was leading the boys in jumping activities (using the tiles on the floor) and other various activities - all while being quiet at the same time! 

Favorite part of the stop - explaining to numerous shocked on-lookers / gawkers that
"No - these were NOT all my children!"  - of course I had tons of snappy/slightly snotty comments...
once we were back in the car!

Sunday we went to the dunes and did some hiking/sand jumping. Patrick had James in the baby carrier. I thought I got the good end of this deal since he is getting pretty heavy - plus this meant I got to jump! However, I took my fair share of carrying Jojo as well - so we all got our exercise!

 
Heading to the dunes!

Thomas jumping! 

 Note the t-shirt --- apparently still one of his favorites!

 Jojo heading down the dunes --- I am pretty sure Thomas was just below!

When we were done playing we ran down this fluffy path to the lake.  You can see the Rubles down on the beach and then Patrick and James about 1/2 way down. It was really fun to sort of float and bounce down the hill. Kind of like downhill skiing!  

Ruble family at Lake Michigan.

And a seriously worn out Jimmy James! This was on our way home Sunday night --- he was just about to crash and I pulled out my phone --- his face cracks me up!  

Note: these are the pictures from the weekend that were on my phone --- next post --- the camera pics that fill in the rest of the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment