Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Cookies

James and I traveled to Mequon on Saturday to spend the day with Mom and Dad.
The ladies had plans to bake cookies all day and the guys planned to play and watch Christmas movies until they passed out!


James ran Dad through his paces and vice versa ---
 here they are enjoying a bottle and the end of the movie "Elf".


We went out for dinner to celebrate Dad's and my birthday - yummy Mexican food!
I took a few photos of Mom and Dad with James in his cool new Batman shirt.


This one cracked me up so much --- James decided that was enough with these silly adults!


He did love his kid size straw and cup!


Overall we made 8 kinds of cookies - here is a shot of the melt aways. Back story... some years the frosting comes out pastel and there are always comments - this year, I suggested we buy the gel colors I used for James' birthday cake.  With such a small amount of frosting... I MAY have over squirted the coloring!
But they are DEFINITELY NOT pastel!


And a table full of cookies!
It was a productive but tiring process.

Next year we are hoping for a few more abled helpers - though we also decided that we might run out of room to work. I commented that there is always room for someone to sit with their feet up and drink wine and chat with the workers... I vote I get to start in that role in 2014!


Here is a quick shot of the different cookies - we stuck with a few favorites and mixed in a few new ones.
All delicious!


James and I packed up our share of the cookies and headed back to Madison in plenty of time for the Packer game ---
Just a cute shot of him watching :)



No comments:

Post a Comment