Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Mud!

So last weekend we got to spend Saturday evening at the Stelse house celebrating Owen and Molly's birthdays.  James had a fantastic time chasing the big kids around and enjoyed a healthy dinner of chex mix and jello cake! 
(There was plenty of delicious food - but by the time we attempted to feed him - he was full!) 

We brought Owen a big gift box filled with water balloons - filled, tied and ready to be thrown - I tried to channel my inner 9 year old and spent about an hour filling the balloons and carefully packing them into the box.  Wished I had remembered to take a photo and put the second pack of unopened balloons in the box before wrapping though --- pregnancy brain I guess! 

Owen and the other kids liked the gift and promptly used all of the water ammo - I realized I probably should have asked/warned Jen and Tim --- or at least the Grandpa's sitting next to the pile of presents! --- oops! 

Good thing it was a hot sunny day - I don't think anyone minded too much! 
Plus - what goes around comes around --- I think the water balloon fight caused some new puddles and by the time we went home - James looked like this!


It was a tiny puddle and I assumed it was truly just water. 
At one point Jen's Dad came over to me with a role of paper towels and suggested I might need them... that was right about the time James turned around and smiled at us. 
 

What a dirtball! 
 

Thanks for a fun night Stelse family!

No comments:

Post a Comment