Monday, December 29, 2014

Candy Houses

Last year we traded kids with the Stelses so they could have some Jimmy James time and I could make candy houses with Hannah, Owen and Molly. This year - Jen and the kids came over and James stayed to be in on the fun (or, you know, eat all the candy!) 


Isaac hung out with us too! 
 

As a kid we always made candy houses with milk cartons that we brought home from school. These last two years I was able to find real gingerbread houses (last year was a kit that I had to assemble - this year - Target had pre-assembled ones for less $ than the kit! I was super pumped!) 
 

Hannah working hard on her roof shingles. 
 

Jimmy got silly pretty quick --- loving having the big kids around and of course the easy access to gumdrops! 
 
  Action shot! 


As excited as the kids were to do the houses - our kids kept distracting them too :) 
 

Molly working to pour the sprinkles on her "glue" 
 

Finished products! 
James is working on eating the candy off our house - the other day I went upstairs to get Isaac from a nap and James was about to follow me when he stopped dead in his tracks. I kept going figuring he got side tracked by something... When I returned, he was perched on the table attempting to bite a Christmas themed "dot" off of the roof our of house. 
Caught red handed!!!! 
 

And our little Christmas elf! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment