Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Shadows

So this morning I woke to hear Jimmy James crying and calling for me from the boy's room. 
When I got in there, he is pointing at the wall and saying, "shadow, shadow!" 

There was a long pointy shadow on the wall that for the life of me, I could not figure out where it was coming from! I kept putting my hand in front of things by the nightlight trying to find the culprit and get James back in bed... no luck! 

At this point Isaac started to stir so I told James he could sleep with us (it was 5:15 and Patrick was getting up in 10 minutes anyway!) 
Of course Isaac ended up waking up as well and by the time Patrick got up, I had both boys with me. 

Patrick was able to find the shadow - it was the antennae for the baby monitor - yikes - guessing it has always been there - but obviously Jimmy has somehow learned he is supposed to be "afraid" of shadows... bummer! 

Thankfully both boys were able to fall back asleep for a bit -- snapped a quick photo while we got ready for the day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment