Monday, November 23, 2015

Poutine!

We celebrated Patrick passing his second test (!) at a new-ish restaurant in Monona called WAYPOINT. It was Veteran's Day so we were also lucky enough to have Chris and Jacqui join us for dinner and could celebrate Chris and his service to our country at the same time. 


The guys toasting their beers! 
 

We enjoyed some poutine as an appetizer --- this was a dish that Chris learned about in Canada this past summer and was thrilled to see popping up on menus in Madison. 
It is basically gravy and cheese coated fries with some kind of amazing meat sliced on the top. 
(Chris, we were at Gates and Brovi this weekend and they also have it --- you will have to go check it out!) 
 

Group photo :) 
 

This is the beer list - lots of very unique choices. 
They recommend getting a sample before ordering - no returns! 
I am normally not very picky but it took me 5 tests to find one I liked. I felt bad that I was wasting their time and beer. Turns out the have served someone up to 9 samples before! 
I talked with the bartender before we left - told him what I tried and what I liked and he found me one on the first try - though to be fair, I had seen it on the menu but steered clear because of the 11.2% alcohol count! 
After 5 samples, I didn't really need a beer --- so maybe I just start with the strong one from the beginning and call it a night after one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment