Friday, February 27, 2015

Weekend in Milwaukee part 1

So we typically go to Kalamazoo the last weekend in February to celebrate Thomas and Patrick's birthdays but this year we all met in Milwaukee which ultimately gave us more time together and a MUCH shorter drive for our family!!!! (Thanks again Rubles!)


We met at the Highland House for dinner (a family favorite) and despite it being really crowded and having 5 kids 5 and under --- it was awesome! Plenty of margaritas, chips and yummy food for everyone! This is a photo of the baby end of the table!  
Isaac was all business! 
 

Buppa suggested we pull out the power pad when we got home.... 
TJ and I were racing! 
I remember friends making fun of my "chicken legs" but I was pretty fast. 
Well I am here to report that TJ's chicken legs are faster than mine! 
 

There is almost as much entertainment in watching as running! 
 

Jojo and TJ racing the hurdles! 
 

Benji and Isaac hanging out.
 

Saturday morning the boys were playing musical chairs - though it was not really a contest, 3 kids, 1 Buppa and 4 chairs --- everyone always got a seat. 
I am not going to lie, I was a little surprised by this - but then I realized the real game was what COLOR chair you got - they didn't care if they got a seat or not, if they didn't get the GREEN chair, you lost. (This was especially hard for my child - awesome!) 
 

One of the times Jimmy got the green chair, he just chose to stay there for the remainder of the game. 
Life lesson we are hammering home this week... sharing and taking turns! 
 

Baby time on the floor in front of the fire --- what could be better?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment