Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Thinking of my Grandmas

This week we celebrate the lives of two very special ladies in my family --- Grandma Max and Grandma Millie. These ladies died 20 years apart - but only one calendar day different and on top of that, this week is also Grandma Max's birthday - so there are lots of memories this week each year for all of us. 
After Patrick's Grandma E died, we posted some beautiful pictures of her from her earlier years - so I thought it might be fun to post one or two of these ladies too.


This is Grandma Max in her teenage years --- I think you can definitely see Mom and me in this photo. 


This is Grandma Millie at 18 years old. 
If you just look at the eyes and nose (minus the shaped eyebrows!) you can really see my Dad.


This one I just added in for fun - it was in the pile --- this is my Great Grandma Marge and Grandma Max raising the Bucky flag at one of their many tailgates. So many things I love about this picture --- 
The old flag, the bull horn that played off-key, electronic sounding songs by punching in different number codes, and the fact that I can still go to this exact location on any home Badger game and see people doing exactly what they were doing 30 years ago...! 
Love that we share a love for Bucky with my Grandparents :) 

And finally, a quick photo of why we have no other posts this week (you know, in case you were wondering!) 


James and I came down with the stomach flu over the weekend... kind of put a big wrinkle in our fun plans with college friends. He is still recovering and we are praying that we didn't pass it along to too many people :( 
James is curled up on the couch watching Team Umizoomi and snuggling with his plush Lightning as I type. More than anything I am amazed we made it more than 2.5 years without him getting the flu --- now just cross your fingers that Patrick and Isaac don't get it! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment