Saturday, December 9, 2017

Lisa's 40th Birthday

We celebrated Lisa's 40th birthday in Chicago with some awesome ladies! 
The weekend was heavily focused on food, friends and football --- 3 of Lisa's favorite things! 


We started downtown for brunch and some shopping. 
Then we went to Ghirardelli for lunch dessert! 


I had no idea they had so many chocolate choices! 


After a yummy brunch - the last thing we probably needed was a HUGE dessert - but it was delicious and why not! 


We posed with some Lego ladies in Water Tower. 


After an Uber ride north of the city to Evanston (and possibly a short nap in the back seat...) 
We arrived at the incredible Knoepke tailgate! 


Matt and Diane put out an amazing spread and since Diane was with us, Matt was on his own. 
He stepped up to the challenge and greeted us with warm drinks and delicious food including freshly fried bacon and onions for our brats and burgers! 


I wanted to wear my Badger hat to the game, but that didn't appear to be a welcome idea - so I stuck with my packer themed hat. They gave me a coozie and attempted to convert me... I happily stated that NU was my second favorite Big 10 team... and was happy to call them my own on this night! 


We saw a great game (NU crushed Purdue!)  including a spectacular Veteran's day halftime show including fireworks and smoke! 


The weekend ended with Sunday brunch -- Lisa enjoyed her favorite stuffed french toast and hot cocoa! It was an awesome weekend filled with fun - here's to the next 40 being even more fun than the last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment