Monday, February 13, 2017

Swimming Lessons!

Sunday could not come soon enough for James and Isaac - they were so pumped to go swimming. Jimmy actually wasn't feeling great and when I mentioned he might not get to go to swimming lessons he said this... 
I learned about "Doctor's orders" on TV. You need to drink lots of water, eat healthy and get plenty of rest" To which he promptly grabbed his water cup and went to lay down on the couch...! 


We are super impressed with swimming lessons in McFarland - it is the perfect example of controlled chaos - but 100% controlled and excellent. The afternoon is packed with 25 minute classes and people are just coming and going through the locker rooms. 
James is in the mini-fish class and it is a 1 to 1 ratio of students to teachers. He LOVED it! 


 James had his class first -which meant this one had to sit and WAIT. He did pretty well actually - I was half expecting that we were going to need to fish him out of the deep end at some point - but I guess all the recent talk about "patience" is working?!?


Coming back from his pre-class shower with Daddy. 
He is excited!!! 
 

But still had to wait a few more minutes... 
 

Isaac is in the "water adjustment" class which is a parent and kid class. 
Anyone under 3 is in the this class which meant there were a lot of babies and Isaac. 
He was not super interested in the baby bouncing that was happening and just wanted to jump in over and over. 
Isaac quotes according to Patrick: 
"Let go of me - I swim!" 
"Don't catch me!" 
"Move back - I jump!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment