Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Birthday weekend

The boys and I went up north this past weekend while Patrick traveled to Indy for the Big Ten Championship game. (Sadly, probably don't need to post anything about that...).
We had a really long and somewhat painful ride up to the cottage.
Isaac was just not interested in being in the car seat and let me know it :( 

It took us over 3 hours and luck just wasn't on our side, aka a double-decker bus filled with teenagers pulling into Culver's at the same time as us and a multitude of other strange things ... 
I am over it now and it is actually quite comical now looking back - plus who could stay mad at this little guy?!?


Working on sitting up on his own! 

Saturday I traveled to Fond du Lac for a ladies lunch with Carol and Amy.  
It was a fun way to spend my birthday weekend and the event was beautiful! 
The theme was "Walk a Mile in my shoes" and different groups of women collaborated on decorating a table in their own creative way.

Carol and her friends did a lovely vintage table with Grandma Herrmann's china and beautiful pink glass and vintage aprons.


Amy, Carol and I at the table. 

This was another favorite --- so bright and cheerful. 

Meanwhile back at the cottage, James was helping Grammy bake! 


And Isaac spent much of the weekend happily jumping in the exer-saucer! 

James also got to do some sledding! 


He was a big fan and would have happily stayed out all afternoon if someone was willing to pull him! 
 


Sunday we celebrated my birthday with a yummy lunch and delicious desserts from Grammy. 
I had a piece of cheesecake and James got a jimmy covered marshmallow --- what a lucky boy! 


He was pumped to celebrate with me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment