Thursday, July 5, 2012

Graduation party on the farm!

After the Ellestad pond party, we headed across town to ther Herrmann side of the family for Garrett's graduation party.  Both of Carol's brothers have been working farms their entire lives and do some amazing work. 
Uncle Roy gave us a tour of barns, including the milking barn.

Patrick used to come and visit as a kid and felt right at home with the animals.  Here he is letting one of the baby cows suck on his finger. The kids were not as brave and I had to keep my hands clean since I was taking the pictures... yeah - let's say that!

Outside the barn was a small pen of pigs. The kids liked these guys and even gave them some long grass to eat.  I was super impressed with Robby (Patrick's cousin's son - I think he just turned 3) - he was not scared at all with the animals and probably came the closest to touching on of the cows.
He also had an answer for everything. 

Patrick: Robby, do you want me to help you climb up on the tractor ? (tractor was not moving or on)
Robby: Yes! ... well actually... my tummy is kind of full and I might fall off and hit the ground and my head and that wouldn't be good!
Patrick: So I guess that is a "no"!
Too funny!

Elise was more a fan of the kitties running around the farm - they were so cute and tiny!

The party was great and it was nice to see both sides of the Ellestad family in one day.
Hopefully we can do it again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment